The Wellbeing Team are available to provide access to information and services to meet the needs of secondary students and promote their learning and wellbeing.
This may include:
- Counselling and/or case management.
- Referral to external/community agencies.
- Assistance with accessing financial services.
- Referral to DET/Student Support Services and psychological services.
Assistance with individual, family or school related issues are provided in a respectful and confidential manner. Referrals can be made by students, parents/guardians or staff by contacting Miss Hallett. Support can be given on a range of issues including schools, friends, family conflict, anger management, depression, anxiety, general health, sexual health and more. Our team is located in the Wellbeing Area near the Main Office and in the Wellbeing/Inclusion Centre near the school canteen.
The school also has some access to an Educational Psychologist and Speech Therapist employed by the Department of Education. They are available through the Student Support Services. Parent consent is required.
Mental Health Practitioners Initiative
Miss Hallett is our school’s Mental Health Practitioner on Thursdays and offers short term interventions for students with mild to moderate mental health issues one day per week (Thursdays). This is for secondary students only and informed consent is required.
Headspace in Schools Program
The school has access to Headspace clinicians fortnightly on Mondays for students aged 12-18. Assessment, brief intervention and counselling can occur with referral to appropriate mental health services as needed. Referrals can be made by Miss Hallett.
Telephone and Online Support Services:
At any time and during school holidays online support services can be accessed by both primary and secondary students if they are needing support.
If you would like to talk about your mental health or wellbeing, you can chat online or on the phone for free to a professional outside of school. This is private and confidential and may help you keep in a healthy headspace.
State Schools Relief
- Carwatha College P-12 can apply on your child's behalf to the State Schools Relief for a discount on school uniform items for families experiencing financial hardship.
- Parents/Guardians can complete an online form indicating which uniform items they would like a discount on.
- The online form is available here: https://forms.gle/UayEg2cNcy852VGq6
- Miss Hallett (Student Wellbeing and Inclusion Coordinator) & Jenni Famularo will apply on your child’s behalf for the vouchers.
- State Schools Relief vouchers can only be used in store and NOT online.
- The CSEF State Schools Relief Prep Package is organised separately through the main office.
Carwatha College P-12 Share Shelf - Our well-being team and Parent Volunteer Group is proud to provide families with a Share Shelf.
With the cost of living effecting most people, we hope that providing free food items may help families who are struggling at this time.
The shelf is located outside sickbay, providing a private and confidential space for parents and guardians to pop in and take items as needed discreetly. Bags are supplied or you can bring your own.
We also encourage donations to the share shelf and have listed below items accepted. You can put items directly on the shelf or drop off to main office.
Items we can accept:
- Non perishable foods that are:
- Clearly labelled in original packaging
- Unused and unopened
- Within the use by date
- Includes ingredients list
Fresh produce that is:
- Whole/not cut
-Not mouldy or rotten
- That doesn't require refrigeration
Personal care products:
- Clearly Labelled in original packaging
- Unused and unopened
Items we do not accept:
- Food that is not safe to eat
- Food in unlabelled packaging
- Meat, dairy and food requiring refrigeration
- Pre-prepared/cooked meals
- Used or open products
- Out of date products
- Regulated items such as alcohol, tobacco or medication
There is no limit to what families can take - we are able to order as needed, free, directly from The Food Bank so please help yourself.
The Share Shelf is managed by Donna A, Donna BW, Caitlin Hallett & the Carwatha Parent Volunteer Group - for further information or assistance please see one of the staff members listed above.