Wellbeing Support


The Wellbeing Team are available to provide access to information and services to meet the needs of secondary students and promote their learning and wellbeing.


This may include:

  • Counselling and/or case management.
  • Referral to external/community agencies.
  • Assistance with accessing financial services.
  • Referral to DET/Student Support Services and psychological services.

Assistance with individual, family or school related issues are provided in a respectful and confidential manner. Referrals can be made by students, parents/guardians or staff by contacting Miss Hallett. Support can be given on a range of issues including schools, friends, family conflict, anger management, depression, anxiety, general health, sexual health and more. Our team is located in the Wellbeing Area near the Main Office and in the Wellbeing/Inclusion Centre near the school canteen.


The school also has some access to an Educational Psychologist and Speech Therapist employed by the Department of Education. They are available through the Student Support Services. Parent consent is required.


Mental Health Practitioners Initiative


Miss Hallett is our school’s Mental Health Practitioner on Thursdays and offers short term interventions for students with mild to moderate mental health issues one day per week (Thursdays). This is for secondary students only and informed consent is required.


Headspace in Schools Program 


The school has access to Headspace clinicians fortnightly on Mondays for students aged 12-18. Assessment, brief intervention and counselling can occur with referral to appropriate mental health services as needed. Referrals can be made by Miss Hallett.


Telephone and Online Support Services:


At any time and during school holidays online support services can be accessed by both primary and secondary students if they are needing support.


If you would like to talk about your mental health or wellbeing, you can chat online or on the phone for free to a professional outside of school. This is private and confidential and may help you keep in a healthy headspace.




State Schools Relief


  • Carwatha College P-12 can apply on your child's behalf to the State Schools Relief for a discount on school uniform items for families experiencing financial hardship.
  • Parents/Guardians can complete an online form indicating which uniform items they would like a discount on.
  • The online form is available here: https://forms.gle/UayEg2cNcy852VGq6 
  • Miss Hallett (Student Wellbeing and Inclusion Coordinator) & Jenni Famularo will apply on your child’s behalf for the vouchers.
  • State Schools Relief vouchers can only be used in store and NOT online.
  • The CSEF State Schools Relief Prep Package is organised separately through the main office.